Saturday 30 July 2011

67 Olympia Cremina Restoration

The 67 Olympia Cremina is a classic vintage lever espresso machine made in Switzerland. I always wanted one, but was never lucky enough to find one in good condition in my price range. Finally my patience paid off and I got my hands on a machine from 1977 that seemed in near mint stock condition (except for a missing handle).

Here's what she looked like before I got started:



Obviously the machine is in great extermal condition. But still, after 34 years, it was time for an overhaul.

All that I'll be looking to do here is to replace the age hardened gaskets, remove the asbestos insulation and make sure every bolt turns freely so it will be easier to take apart at the next overhaul....at 50 years.

It don't expect it will be terribly exciting for those entertained by rusty 2 group commercial restorations, but if you ever wondered what was inside this wonderful little classic, here you go.

(Tomorrow will be the full dis-assembly and asbestos removal. Woo hoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment